Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today Had....


  • Sweetness after a long day of things that made me sad -- the fragrance of newly-opened daffodils on a cool breeze as I walked the dogs under a stormy night sky. Since they apparently refuse to repair the air in my classroom, it was wonderful to be in a place that wasn't almost eighty degrees.  The scent, one of my favorites in the spring, was just a peaceful bonus.
  • A big relief -- Roux was able to walk and prance for the first time in a week thanks to her arthritis medicine and trip to the vet today.  She's been in such pain, and I was afraid her other knee had gone.  One ACL surgery for each one of us is enough, I think.  She's bouncy and back to something much more like herself now.
  • Unbearable irony and probable foolishness -- spending time publicly defending someone because it was the right thing to do even though I'm pretty sure that person runs me down on a regular basis and considers me of little to no worth.
  • Something that just never gets old -- Elvis singing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You."  Sometimes there is no chance of anyone ever doing a cover that comes close.  
  • The revelation of a Big Difference, apparently -- that "having a man" doesn't define my life.  I was asked by a class if I would give up all my traveling, etc., if I got a man.  (They were looking at my little countdown timers to all my trips, etc. on my computer desktop projected on the screen at the front of the class.) I told them no.  I said that he could go with me, be okay with it, or "get to steppin'."  Some of them were appalled.  Some of them, especially some of the girls looked sort of fascinated....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....