Thursday, January 05, 2012

A List

What it says on the tin.

Today involved:
  • Waking up from a night of truly horrible dreams, in one of which, in fact, I died.  (And yes, I know you're not supposed to do that in your dreams, but there you have it.)  It may be one of the worst and most profoundly disturbing dreams I have ever, ever had.  That's how I started the day, folks.....
  • Another delay in the car repair.  It *might* be ready tomorrow.....
  • Another big migraine and pill to repel it.  I managed to hide in my room for lunch and clutch my head in the privacy of that 20 minutes.  I was probably written up for that, too, by my new administrator.
  • A big sort of dead numbness inside where my emotions ought to be.  I do not know if this is the Maxalt (I'm hoping) or if I'm just finally gone.  And if I am finally just gone, I do not know of one single thing I can do about it.
  • Driving my Dad's vehicle which actually has a V6 and tops out at 160.  No, I didn't quite get it up to that.  That would be highly illegal.
  • Wearing Gatsby hidden under my plain black jacket again.  He didn't stop the headache, but he was a hint of blue, and he made me smile.  I was hoping against hope that my new The Sun Also Rises shirt would be here for tomorrow, but no dice.  I might wear 1984 instead.  The red will be nice, and that is the January required reading for AP.
  • One of my students asking me about a Murakami novel.  God love him, he sort of made my afternoon.  He may be the first AP student I have ever taught who knows who that is.  I think I might adopt him, put him through school, just on the basis of this alone.
  • Assorted piles of sleeping doggishness on my floor.  Which, with the greatest of reluctance, I must disrupt to walk and crate for the night so I don't find all things in the living room destroyed in the morning.
I tried very hard to put in good things here because I know I put in bad.  I don't want to be bad all the time.  Maybe I balanced it some.  I'm trying.  I need good dreams tonight.  I need my car back tomorrow.  I need....I don't even know what else to ask for.  At least it will be Friday.  That's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....