Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tomorrow

I need to be grading, but I can't focus on it.  I have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I'm out of distractions.  I have done everything I possibly can to put tomorrow out of my mind, but there's nothing left.

I did intricate, tedious computer stuff.  I took apart my MSI Wind, put in new memory, shifted around a whole bunch of files, made it work right again.  I set up my new 2 TB external drive, got it synced.  I moved my iTunes from one drive to another on the netbook which, of course, destroyed a bunch of crap, and so I fixed, and am fixing that. While I was doing some of that, I also talked to one of my friends on the phone for awhile.  I talked to one of my others online earlier.

But I'm out of stuff to do.  It was all worth the doing.  It all needed to be done.  My netbook works right now.  It is not just a ridiculous memento.

When I run out of things to do, though, I have to start thinking.  Thinking about what tomorrow is going to be like since what has happened has happened.  And I really, really don't want to think about it.

I wish I had another distraction, something else to take apart, put together.  If I had my car, I would be sorely tempted to get in it tonight and point it in a random direction.  It's as good a time for running as I've seen.

I'm going to put this laptop back down so the netbook can finish pulling music off it.  I'm going to pick back up the red pen and the papers from the floor.  I'm going to do my level best not to pick up all the horrible little shouting demons of worry that are clustered there with them waiting.  It's been such a nice two weeks.  I wish it could just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....