Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Day in Review

a list


Today I:

  • fought totally unexpected and major plumbing problems first thing in the morning.
  • used up all my Nutella.  This is a tragedy of epic proportions.
  • was accosted by a little white slip of paper bearing a phone message as soon as I got to school.  DO NOT WANT.
  • inexplicably got "historical" and "mythological" switched every single time I needed to say them.
  • once again fell in love with Hamlet.  This happens every time I open the play.  He's such a magnificent smart-ass.
  • made a decision to extend a little mercy to somebody. It will probably get kicked in my face and taken for granted or ridiculed.
  • woke up from freaky dreams in which one friend helped me move stuff around in a crumbling apartment in Japan we lived in together while another one kept showing up and messing with my hairstyle and laughing. (That would be you, Clip, for the apartment, and you, Faustus, for the hairdos, respectively.)  No.  I don't know why.  Maybe it was something I ate?
  • got asked several times if The Great Gatsby was a good book.  Oh YES.  Oh YES, my children....
  • also got asked what the Kama Sutra is. Answered.  Was asked if I had a copy.... (sigh)
  • taught my second Comp class.  Loved it again.
  • got a wonderful comment on this blog referring me to a new poet to explore.  Fantastic.
  • craved and didn't get a Strawberry Cheesequake from Dairy Queen.  This is like two weeks running I've wanted one of those stupid things.  TOMORROW IS THE DAY.
  • have only nine days until Punch Brothers.
Now I'm going to watch a little TopGear, maybe a movie, and then I'm going to bed.  After a week in which my students have thought another teacher was hitting on me because he came into my classroom and asked me a question and have also asked me about the Kama Sutra (different classes altogether, mind you), I probably need to be on top of my game for whatever tomorrow has up its sleeve. O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....