Friday, January 06, 2012

What I Already Knew

I forget this from time to time, so maybe I need to have it tattooed on the back of my hand so I will see it constantly.

Everybody is going to hurt you.  It's just a matter of when, how much, and the degree of intentionality of the act.

Maybe if I saw that every minute of every day, it wouldn't keep coming as such a shock.  Maybe if I repeated that as a mantra, a meditation upon waking, then I could be ready for it, maybe I wouldn't bleed when it happens.

It's just a matter afterward of deciding if you keep going with that person despite the pain or if you walk away. What are they worth to you?  Are they going to do it again?  (Be honest here.)  If so, can you keep living with it?  Should you?

I don't have that answer right now.  And you know what?  I'm tired.  Screw it.  And quite frankly, just at this moment, that individual, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....