Sunday, April 01, 2012

Aaaaaiiiiirrr.....

I just gave up the battle and cut on the A/C.  I held out as long as I could.  The first of April is ridiculously early to have to cut it on, but it was 10:30 pm and 78 degrees in my house with all the windows open and the attic fan running.  Enough already.

I think it's probably cooler than that outside, but that's sort of the thing with this house.  It's been remodeled so many times that it has very thick walls.  It holds whatever temperature it reaches for a long time.  I know it got really hot in here earlier today when it was 80-something outside because I was trying to take a nap and I kept waking up at every little sound and having bad weird flashes of dream in-between.  I don't sleep well when it's hot, another reason I went ahead and gave up on the A/C battle.

Blessedly, the good old unit outside is steadily churning away (knock wood and praise the saints, the fairies, Tesla, and anybody else who might be in charge of holding all the the little wires together inside it).  Granny bought good stuff whenever she bought, purchasing for the long haul, a philosophy I have always tried to follow even though my crappy budget makes it very, very hard.  After all, if you buy it right the first time, you usually don't have to buy it again, or at least not for a very long time....  (Unless the *#$#@*s install it wrong, but that's a whole 'nother story...)

Well, I think my last washer of the night has finally stopped spinning, so I'm going to go hang what needs to be hung, tumble what needs to be tumbled, crate a dirty white dog (don't ask.  really.), and put myself into a bed that hopefully won't be stifling now.  Maybe with this sweetly cool air will come sweet dreams.  Heh.  I know.  Don't ask Tesla, the fairies, and the saints for TOO many miracles out of one central unit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....