Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Holy Freaking Crap

It has been the sort of day that began with a dead hair dryer and ended with watching a guy getting stalked in the Wal-Mart parking lot by a county sheriff in a Dodge Charger and subsequently arrested. You ever have that kind of day?

I broke up fights between people I never would have expected to quarrel mildly over issues that I never would have expected even to exist in this universe (or six parallel ones).  I got told I couldn't be "shawty-bread" because I was too big.  (Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I have a hand-gesture for you...)  I tried to restore peace and harmony to the universe.  I taught Sylvia Plath.  I tried to respect all persons and viewpoints, treat all as I would want to be treated, jump to no conclusions.  I had no Diet Mountain Dew or caffeine of any kind to do it.  That we all survived is a frakkin' miracle.  I kept waiting for some TV fool to jump out of a turning of the hallways and tell me I was being "punked."

After it was all over, I went to Wal-Mart, replaced the hair dryer, bought a LOT of Diet Mountain Dew, got something fantastic for dinner (eggplant parm I didn't have to slave over a stove to eat), and shamelessly threw an entire package of red velvet mini-cupcakes into the cart as well.  Tomorrow had damn well better be completely, totally, and utterly drama-free.  Just in case it isn't, though, at least I will be going in armed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....