Sunday, April 08, 2012

Not Really My Fight

I realized today that I'm worrying about things that I can't personally do anything about.  Despite my fierce need to be independent in all things, I don't have the power to control certain outcomes or events.  I can do my best and take strides to achieve desired goals, but in the end, all the worry in the world doesn't make anything actually happen.  Either it will or it won't based on my work and based upon whether or not it is the right thing for me at this time in my life.  I'm trying to fight battles that aren't mine to fight.

Somewhere along the way, I decided it was all mine to defend, all mine to scrap over.  I took everything out of the hands that are so much more capable, the hands that made both me and the situation, the hands that actually  can manage it all, and I started making a hash of it.  Is is any wonder that things don't come out well when someone who isn't qualified tries to do the job?

I need to focus on what is actually my role:  work hard, work smart, improve myself the best I can, make the best choices I can based on the information put in front of me, take care of the people and things put under my care (myself included), and keep moving forward.  Meanwhile, I am going to trust, that hardest of things for me, that the things outside my role are well-kept and well-managed by God.

He has never failed me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....