Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Keep Your Feet Moving...

...and you won't fall down.  This is my personal mantra right now.  Everything is so freaking busy.

Yesterday during off period one, I ran around trying to take care of club business, getting a fundraiser we'd done deposited and dues turned in to our book keeper.  That may not sound like it takes a long time, but anything involving money takes a LONG TIME.  There are forms, more forms, counting, signing, forms.  Did I mention the forms?  Yeah.  It felt good to get it all turned in and squared away though.  Money makes me nervous when it's not mine.

At the end of every school year, it always seems like suddenly there are four hundred things that are coming together urgently at the same time.  Selection of the AP students for the coming year.  Selection of the Honors Society students for the new year and induction of the same.  Awards for the outgoing Seniors.  Departmental business such as policy changes and summer reading.  Grading.  Final prep for the AP test.  Things will be coasting along from Spring Break and then suddenly, WHAM, tidal wave.  I sort of have to grab whatever piece of driftwood I can cling to as it flies past me and ride the wave as best I can.

I try to get one thing or at least one big part of one thing done each day.  Except for the grading, this usually works pretty well.  At least in theory.  At least it makes me feel better.  At least I can say that, you know, I'm trying....  That way when it all piles up on me at the end, as it always does, I know I did something to avoid that inevitable moment when three deadlines are on the same day.

Funny, isn't it, how when you leave college you believe you leave all that sort of thing behind?  Heh.  (Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....