Friday, April 06, 2012

Wonderfulness

Something horrible happened to me yesterday.  In the way of such things, I can't fix it until Tuesday, so today, I did things that were designed to distract me and make me feel better.  I got my hair cut (already scheduled conveniently).  I picked up some supplies to work on a craft project I've had in mind for awhile.  I found a jacket that I love that I'll wear for Easter.  I made plans to see my best friend Monday.  I spent long hours in my hammock reading.  I took a couple of pictures.

Tonight, I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner, and while I was there, one of us made one of our usual family in-joke references, this time to the Bill Cosby comedy albums they had when I was little.  I used to listen to them all the time.  We all did.  I knew "Chicken Heart" and "Noah: Right" by heart almost.  When I moved to other forms of media, tapes and then CDs, I left those big 45s behind.  They still have them, but I don't think any of us have anything with a turntable that still works.  (Well....I might have one that still works, but it's on an ancient  console entertainment center in the back of my house.)

The longer we talked about the routines and the pieces of them we always quote, the more I wanted them.  I decided to look on amazon to see if they had been converted to mp3(because hasn't everything?) and get them if they had.  There they all were.  The three of us could remember having Wonderfulness, but it took some time to remember which one of the others had the ones I wanted on it.

I'm looking forward to hearing them again.  They're finishing up downloading to iTunes from the amazon Cloud now.  Once again, I have to say how much I love technology and all the instant gratification it allows.  It's a wonderful, beautiful thing when it works right.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM CDT

    I have to ask - what happened.

    My favorite was To Russell, My Brother Who I Slept With. I still say, "Who made you the jello sheriff," whenever the opportunity arises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I can't go into much detail. I have a big critical paperwork problem that I have to get resolved. That sounds so harmless, somehow. Heh. That's as specific as I'll be, though. If I get it fixed Tuesday, no harm, no foul. If not, well, I guess I'll be free to be as specific as I like.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....