Saturday, April 28, 2012

Away

I'd like to get out of here.  Really away.  Maybe for a couple of weeks.  Maybe for a couple of years.  I have that feeling that it's time to go, and I can't quite seem to get up the inertia to break free permanently.  I am going to have to take my freedoms where I can, then.

It's such a paradox.  I still love what I do, but some of the things and people that were bright spots, great joys to me, have become tarnished now, and I just want to close the door on them, not have to deal with it anymore.  There is no resolution of the situation possible, so leaving it behind is a solution I can choose until I can toughen myself up to a point where I just don't care.

And with that comes so many other things I want to strip away.  It's like drops of ink on soft paper, and I find myself wanting to cut away every place the stain has spread.  Although I frequently say this and then turn around and blog incessantly, it is likely you will see less here in the near future.  I just don't feel that I have that much to say, and the electronic world is one of those things I feel the need to pare back right now.

I'm sure this is just a cycle brought about by the stress of a long year ending and the drama/bullshit of last week most especially, but I am going to run with it.  If it's what I feel I need right now, then so be it.  I'll see you around whenever I feel like there's something useful to say again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....