Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Welcome Back

My old friend the migraine is back.  I've taken a big pill, so who knows where this will go.  I am just taking a minute before going and falling down because falling down without taking the minute feels too much like defeat. I just keep telling myself this is only one.  One does not equal six.

I felt off all day today, so I sort of thought it might be coming.  I stumbled more than usual the last two days with my words, had the preliminary twinges of pain, but I was praying it was only distant rumbles of thunder, a storm that would threaten and not break.  Maybe because of the real storms we've been having, this was not the case.

I did write something today.  I had inspiration from an unexpected source, and so between bouts of migraining, I pulled from it and got a poem.  I'm a little at lost ends about what to do with the poem now, though.

I'm drifting now, so I guess I should stop trying to write.  There was more I wanted to say, but since my friend is back, I guess I'll just go entertain him.  Sigh.  Don't you love it when company drops by uninvited?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....