Monday, April 09, 2012

Unstuck

I have worked crazy hard the past two days to get everything on my list done.  I didn't quite make it, but I have made tremendous strides in getting the house back in order, things bought, and tasks long delayed done.  It feels wonderful.

I've had things on my list for a long time.  Some of them are small things like "put a hook in my closet to replace the one that broke so I can hang my camera gear up again."  Some of them are bigger like "go see my best friend."  In the past two days, I just did them.  Piles of clutter that have been obscuring huge spaces are gone.  My taxes are ready to go to the accountant.  The little collection of pressed pennies I've collected from here in the States and pence from England finally got put into a shadowbox display.  Weird stuff that I ran out of has been replenished.  I thinned, rediscovered, and replaced part of my wardrobe.  It's like coming back from the dead a bit.

I don't know if it's the change in my medicine or a changing philosophy, but the strange lethargy that has been surrounding me for too long to count seems to be lifting.  Today I even got the fifth ear piercing I've been contemplating for ages.

I also had the best lunch with my best friend.  She helped me feel better about what happened to me Thursday.  It turns out she'd been in exactly the same situation herself, and she told me that it wasn't something I needed to worry about like I have been.  I guess I should have called her with it when it happened, but I didn't want to bother anybody.  It is amazing how much better it feels to have someone else who has been there tell you it's going to be okay.

I haven't really been talking much with any of my friends lately; life has intervened.  Sometimes it's been my life.  Sometimes it's been theirs. With some of them, I feel the loss of the contact greatly.  Some of them have cut me loose; I'm not interesting anymore, I suppose.  It makes me sad to think about losing them, but they've sort of made their position clear by their actions and lack thereof.  I'm going to be respectful of that and just let it go.  I guess I've probably done the same thing to others and not realized it.  People grow and change.  With the friend I saw today and a few others, though, we always just pick right back up where we left off.  It really doesn't seem to matter how much time elapses in between.  This is the best kind of friendship, the rarest and the one most worth working to preserve.

Now it's time to get some sleep.  The dogs have finally come in for the night.  The last of what I can cram in to today is done, or will be when I put one last load of clothes in the dryer. It feels good to be unstuck.  I like it.  I hope I can maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....