Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Resolve

It's still and quiet, just the sound of the heat running and the fan of the laptop breaking the morning calm.  I slept hard and deep last night, dreamed a sea of strange things that have subsided uneasily like big ships going down under dark waves.  I've eaten breakfast, what of it sounded tolerable, Nutella on wheat bread, Diet Mountain Dew, my old standbys, and now I am getting ready to face the day.

For a long time after the alarm went off, I debated as to whether or not I should just take the day.  I lay there looking at the minutes click over one after the other, chasing across the digital read-out on my alarm clock.  Then I got up and made my way to the shower.  There is no reason to put off until tomorrow what needs to be done today.

What can be salvaged has to be salvaged.  What needs to be cleared away, must be.  It's the morning to live up to last night's resolve, to start looking for the good.  How grand it would be if it came out to meet me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....